Frequently asked questions

There are several banks and money lending companies who will lend you a home loan at competitive rates. AFWHO will be ted banks and the housing loan is being offered by them. The loan will be provided by these banks as per the eligibility of the applicant.

Carpet Area :

The term Carpet Area’ refers to the total usable area within the four walls of an apartment or a commercial space, as the case may be. It is the actual usable area which the user gets to use. In other words, it refers to the area for which a carpet can be laid if required by the owners.

Built up Area :

Over and above the carpet area, BUA would include the space covered by the thickness of the inner and outer walls of the flat.

Super Built up Area :

This includes the built up area along with the area under common spaces such as the lobby, lifts, stairs, etc. This term is therefore only applicable in the case of multi-dwelling units.  

The liability of paying stamp duty is that of the buyer unless there is an agreement to the contrary. Section 30, of Bombay Stamp Act, 1958 states the liability for payment of stamp duty.

The instruments like Agreement to sell, Conveyance Deed, Exchange of property, Gift Deed, Partition Deed, Power of Attorney, settlement and Deed and Transfer of lease attract Stamp Duty on market value of the property.

Market value means the price at which a property could be bought in the open market on the date of execution of such instrument. The prices are Determined & Published by the Government. The Stamp Duty is payable on the agreement value of the property or the market value whichever is higher.

AFWHO offers apartments and other types of Dwelling Units keeping in view the needs of its members as well as their budgets. In each of the scheme announced, flats in various sizes and categories are planned. The indicative sizes of various categories of flats ranging from 1 BHK to 4 BHK are as follows :

Apartment TypeCategory of FlatsSuper Area
Studio Apartments1 BHK500 – 600 sqft
Modern Apartments2 BHK / 2 BHK + S1000 – 1300 sqft
Deluxe Apartments3 BHK1300 – 1600 sqft
Super Deluxe Apartments3 BHK / 3 BHK + S1600 – 1900 sqft
Luxury Apartments4 BHK / 4 BHK + S1900 – 2200 sqft

NOTE: The details given above are only a guide. However, the types of dwelling units, their Super Areas, number of rooms, their sizes and specifications etc. will be as advertised separately for each project. Similarly plots may also be offered for sale, for which instructions will be issued separately.

Yes, the value of the land increases day by day as per the location of the land. You will surely get a good return on your investment.

No, as the land sold is for agricultural use.

The construction is allowed as per the guidelines laid down by state government and local governing body which are amended time to time.

The minimum land size would be a quarter acre/ half an acre depending upon the project of your interest.

The following categories of armed forces personnel can apply for housing scheme in AFWHO:

(a) Regular Army Personnel – (i) All Ranks serving on Regular terms/ Short Service at the time of acceptance of application. (ii) All Ranks who have retired having put in minimum of 5 years of service. (iii) Battle Casualties boarded out of service.

(b) Medical Officers who on getting commission become members of the Army Officers Benevolent Fund and have not registered for/allotted a DU.

(c) Army Postal Service – Serving Personnel of the APS who have served a minimum of 10 years of service in the Army or have retired directly from APS without reverting back to the parent unit after atleast ten years of service.

(d) Territorial Army- Personnel who have been embodied in the Territorial Army and have an aggregate of ten years embodied service

(e) Widows of serving/retired army personnel who are in receipt of pension from CDA (P) Allahabad.

(f) Parents of unmarried Fatal Battle/ Other Casualties who are in receipt of pension from CDA.

(j) (a) Other Personnel Categories – (i) Assam Rifles and GREF personnel. (ii) Air Force, Naval personnel and Indian Cost Guard (ICG) including their widows. (iii) Other Para Military Personnel. (iv) Civilian paid from Defence Service Estimate. (v) Retired TA personnel who are pension holders for continuous embodied serve or broken spells of qualifying service.

How can I take possession of my Dwelling unit?

  • On completing all formalities including payments
  • No addition / alterations entitled
  • Encroachment not allowed
  • Property to be Handed Over on “as-is-where-is” Basis
  • If at any stage it is revealed that allottee has supressed or misrepresented facts, the allotment of dwelling unit is liable to be cancelled.